See attached April 10th event – details below about the event. Please share widely with your colleagues, network and community. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED, scan QR code to register!
Please distribute Bike Rehab event flyer widely in your networks, thank you! We need the community to learn about moving naturally and connecting for those who need it, and to show the community our area is inclusive when it comes to family-friendly bike/trike culture. Please consider participating/volunteering or observing on 4/10/2021 with us.
McDonald is partnering to rehab and repair 100 bicycles and tricycles for children, adults and families to have an opportunity to ride together.
- Broken bike? No problem - bike repairs are free, whether a simple flat tire or a tune-up, to a full overhaul.
- No bike? No problem - bikes are free. We will get individuals and whole families rolling. We will also provide adult trikes for special needs like balance issues, stroke, autism, down syndrome etc.
- Car too small? No problem - Fort Worth Police Department will deliver your bikes or trikes to your home.
- Organized Neighborhood Ride! After the event, join us for group ride through Cobb Park led by The Bike Gangs of Fort Worth and our Neighborhood Police Officers.
Please use blurb below for your social media post.
The event will host a variety of services such as:
· Free Bike/Trike Repairs
· Free Bike/AmTrykes Sign Up
· Support to individuals with Down Syndrome, iCan Shine Bike Camp Registration
· Pathways to Parenting, Pregnancy, Adoption
· Workplace Education, Mental and Physical Health Resources
· Mobility and Independence
Lastly, please see the video from our 12/5/2021 inaugural "Community Bike Rehab Challenge". The video shows you what the event looks/feels like. https://youtu.be/yxvgdOZA-RM. Here is the link to the photos from the 100 Bike Rehab Challenge: https://shesmysky.passgallery.com/-100bikerehabchallengeymca.