I) Job Purpose
AR Specialist will complete AR billing for grants and client related services, as well as processing of MSO claims. This position will support the Finance Team as assigned.
II) Essential Functions
- Prepare routine Accounts Receivable invoices for both client related services and grant contracts per contract requirement, on a monthly basis.
- Review ROCR daily for any assigned customer payments, ensuring coding, description and correct application of payment.
- Process MSO electronic and paper claims.
- Provide supporting documentation/financial information for journal entries and monthly to assist with month end close.
- Provide supporting documentation for accruals as needed.
- Review invoices and apply payment revenue as needed.
- Assist with preparation financial reports and other materials for various presentations.
- Assist with the preparation for year-end audit of independent auditor.
- Assist in coordination and preparation for program auditors as necessary.
- Assist in coverage of front desk and mail distribution as needed.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Performance standards are performed as applicable with MHMR’s We CARE values “We Connect People in Our Community. We Provide Access to Services. We Link People to Resources. We Empower People.”
- Perform other job duties or responsibilities as requested or assigned.
III) Knowledge of Laws, Regulations, Policies/Procedures, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of MHMRTC Tarrant Policy and Procedures is necessary.
- Knowledge of GAAP, GASB, UGMS, and Federal UGG standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral formats.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work independently on difficult or complex tasks and keep accurate records.
- Ability to organize work to make deadlines on time.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Knowledge of advanced computer systems and governmental accounting.
- Proficient with Excel and Word.
IV) Internal & External Customer Service
- This position requires extensive internal and external contacts.
- A strong sense of teamwork and the ability to build great relationships
- Outstanding communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience working with confidential information while maintaining the highest degree of professionalism and discretion
- Customer service-oriented approach in responding to inquiries, interacting with employees on a daily basis, maintaining documents, and providing support
- Ability to develop effective relationships across all levels of the organization
- Utilize good judgment and maintains composure in all scenarios
- Competency to participate in collaborative meetings with teams and other key stakeholders to support the day-to-day operational requirements
- Professional and comfortable working with leaders at various levels in the organization
Position requires travel occasionally (local interagency).
High School Diploma/GED.
Three (3) years
Accounting or Finance
Valid Texas driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Pre-employment tests including drug and TB Screening, Physical Exam including balance and lift test.
As a full-time employee, you are eligible to participate in MHMR’s employee health benefits program. Health benefits eligibility date is the 1st of the month following completion of sixty (60) days of employment. Your eligibility for other benefits, including the 401(a) (including employer match) and tuition reimbursement will take place per company policy.
*MHMR of Tarrant County (“MHMR”) and its affiliates and subsidiaries have an internal recruiting department. MHMR may supplement that internal capability from time to time with assistance from temporary staffing agencies, placement services, and professional recruiters herein after referred to collectively as “Recruiters"). Recruiters are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact MHMR employees directly in an attempt to present candidates – MHMR recruiting team or other authorized MHMR personnel must present ALL candidates to hiring managers. For more information please visit our website www.mhmrtc.org