Position pays $22.60 per/hr..
I) Job Purpose
The Employee Retirement and Insurance Liaison provides assistance with and facilitates the human resource processes at all business locations. This role administers employee health and welfare plans and acts as liaison between employees and insurance providers. This position resolves benefits-related problems and ensures effective use of plans and positive employee relations. The human resource coordinator makes that certain plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and that plan provisions are followed. This role provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to administering all Health insurance, Dental insurance, Life insurance, and Retirement plans. This will include processing all enrollments, changes, deleting and/or withdrawing from the plans.
II) Essential Functions
- Administers health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee request and questions.
- Reconciles benefits statements.
- Conducts audits for payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective action.
- Assists with processing of terminations.
- Schedules meetings as requested by the director of HR.
- Processes data in multiple HRIS systems.
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- Files documents into appropriate employee files.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested.
- Processes emails, letter and mail correspondence.
- Manages the day to day operations of the Retirement plan and insurance processes.
- Assist the Director of Personnel and Benefits in retirement and insurance planning.
- Performance standards are performed as applicable with MHMR’s We CARE values “We Connect People in Our Community. We Provide Access to Services. We Link People to Resources. We Empower People.”
- Perform other job duties or responsibilities as requested or assigned.
III) Knowledge of Laws, Regulations, Policies/Procedures, Skills, and Abilities
- MHMR Tarrant Policies and Procedures
- Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Health, Dental, Retirement, and Section 125 rules and regulations
IV) Internal & External Customer Service
Position has a high level of customer service for all facets of relations with MHMR Tarrant employees, program management, administrative staff, contractors/private providers and other regulatory agencies.
This position requires occasional travel in personal vehicles to various program/provider sites. Also, there may be overnight travel to State Authority workgroups or seminars as needed or requested.
High School Degree or GED
Six (6) years' experience
Education for experience for a year to year basis
Personnel, payroll, benefits, or clerical. 1 year must include experience in benefits.
Valid Texas driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Must provide license (if applicable) and official documentation of all educational attainment i.e. Transcript/Degree/Certificate
Required Supervisory Experience
Pre-employment tests including drug and TB Screening,
As a full-time employee, you are eligible to participate in MHMR’s employee health benefits program. Health benefits eligibility date is the 1st of the month following completion of sixty (60) days of employment. Your eligibility for other benefits, including the 401(a) (including employer match) and tuition reimbursement will take place per company policy.
*MHMR of Tarrant County (“MHMR”) and its affiliates and subsidiaries have an internal recruiting department. MHMR may supplement that internal capability from time to time with assistance from temporary staffing agencies, placement services, and professional recruiters herein after referred to collectively as “Recruiters"). Recruiters are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact MHMR employees directly in an attempt to present candidates – MHMR recruiting team or other authorized MHMR personnel must present ALL candidates to hiring managers. For more information please visit our website www.mhmrtc.org