I) Job Purpose
This position provides a broad range of human services to department directors, managers, supervisors and employees regarding classification and compensation information, including but not limited to market competitiveness, trends, reclassifications, re-assignments, FLSA classification, and/or reorganizations.
Assists human resources with the hiring process by analyzing and recommending recruitment strategies and new hire pay compared against external market and internal pay structure.
Research, analyze and compile internal and external market data using best practices and presenting recommendations to HR Management.
Maintain and update official pay classification plan; make recommendations for changes to HR Management.
Create and run advanced queries using Excel to analyze, calculate and provide complex Excel spreadsheet reports for merit increases, pay plan and pay schedule reports for budget including future projections and costs to increase salaries for budget preparation annually.
II) Essential Functions
1. Provides assistance with the implementation and administration of human resources programs such as recruitment and selection, compensation, classification, employee relations, benefits, workers’ compensation, or organizational development.
2. Evaluates Job qualifications for proper job classification for agency job profiles.
3. Edits and manages human resources procedures.
4. Edits and managers human resources employee reference guide (handbook).
5. Completes human resources-related surveys and questionnaires.
6. Conducts classification compliance audits; reviews position questionnaires; and prepares advance reports of findings, making recommendations as appropriate.
7. Prepares human resources correspondence and advanced reporting.
8. Prepares training outlines and guides for orientation of HR processes and outlines
9. Provides advice and assistance on classification, compensation, recruitment, retention, benefits, leave provisions, employee relations, related to salary and compensation matters.
10. Maintains human resource automated systems, files, and records, and analyzes human resources reports related to compensation
11. Assists in compiling and analyzing wage data.
12. Assists in training and counseling agency staff on issues, rules, polices, and regulations related to compensations, grades and FLSA.
13. Assists in planning, developing, revising, and implementing human resources policies, procedures, and forms.
14. May analyze organizational jobs and compensation studies.
15. Evaluates jobs, and assist in preparing or revising job descriptions and job profiles
16. Assists in preparing and processing Texas Workforce Commission employer responses
17. Provides support to HR projects related to system implementation, training guides and assigned tasks.
18. Performs related work as assigned.
III) Knowledge of Laws, Policies/Procedures, Skills, and Abilities
1. Knowledge of the principles and practices of human resources management; of human resources programs such as employment, compensation, classification, employee relations, benefits, workers’ compensation, or organizational development; and of federal, state, and local laws and regulations governing personnel activities.
2. Professional Skill in oral and written communication, in the use of a computer and human resources-related software applications, and in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
3. Ability to explain policies and procedures to staff and the public; to maintain confidential and sensitive information; to develop and analyze human resource processes; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with applicants, employees, and the general public; and to communicate effectively.
IV) Internal & External Customer Service
Extensive Internal and External customer service and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with applicants, employees, and the general public.
Travel minimal within programs or occasional for out of town conferences
Human Resources Management, Business, Public Administration, Organizational Development, or related field.
Strong verbal and writing skills required. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint presentations
Additional Education for years of experience on a year to year basis
Human Resources management work or related field
Preferred HR certification
Pre-employment tests including drug and TB Screening, Physical Exam including balance and lift test.
As a full-time employee, you are eligible to participate in MHMR’s employee health benefits program. Health benefits eligibility date is the 1st of the month following completion of sixty (60) days of employment. Your eligibility for other benefits, including the 401(a) (including employer match) and tuition reimbursement will take place per company policy.
*MHMR of Tarrant County (“MHMR”) and its affiliates and subsidiaries have an internal recruiting department. MHMR may supplement that internal capability from time to time with assistance from temporary staffing agencies, placement services, and professional recruiters herein after referred to collectively as “Recruiters"). Recruiters are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact MHMR employees directly in an attempt to present candidates – MHMR recruiting team or other authorized MHMR personnel must present ALL candidates to hiring managers. For more information please visit our website www.mhmrtc.org