I) Job Purpose
Provide legal support to the Legal Team.
II) Essential Functions
- Assist with preparing presentations for the Executive Leadership Team, the Board and agency staff.
- Taking staff statements and preparing affidavits as assigned.
- Drafting correspondence, legal memos, board resolutions, reports or legal pleadings/documents as assigned.
- Investigating and researching legal matters and issues.
- Maintaining documents and ensure all information is organized in paper and electronic forms.
- Providing support in compliance matters and clients rights issues.
- Maintain filing of documents and relevant materials.
- Review and respond to subpoenas and Public Information Act requests.
- Assist in preparing staff for court testimony
- Performance standards are performed as applicable with MHMR’s We CARE values “We Connect People in Our Community. We Provide Access to Services. We Link People to Resources. We Empower People.”
- Perform other job duties or responsibilities as requested or assigned.
III) Knowledge of Laws, Policies/Procedures, Skills, Education and Abilities
A) Excellent time management skills.
B) Knowledgeable at researching information in Lexis, Westlaw, Law library and online.
C) Able to present research in a clear and articulate way verbally and in writing.
D) Strong interpersonal skills to work well with high level management, staff and patients.
IV) Internal & External Customer Service
Although the Legal Professional will not work directly in customer service, it is expected that the position will have possible interactions with patients, partners and other service providers and will work in positively represent the agency internally and externally.
Minimal travel mostly within the Tarrant County area.
Bachelor’s Degree and enrolled in an ABA-Approved Law School
Juris Doctorate candidate
1st year of law school; second year of law school will be considered.
Valid TX driver's license with an acceptable driving record
Pre-employment tests including drug and TB Screening, Physical Exam including balance and lift test.
*MHMR of Tarrant County (“MHMR”) and its affiliates and subsidiaries have an internal recruiting department. MHMR may supplement that internal capability from time to time with assistance from temporary staffing agencies, placement services, and professional recruiters herein after referred to collectively as “Recruiters"). Recruiters are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact MHMR employees directly in an attempt to present candidates – MHMR recruiting team or other authorized MHMR personnel must present ALL candidates to hiring managers. For more information please visit our website www.mhmrtc.org