Trail Drive Management Corp. - Dickies Arena
BOX OFFICE MANAGERDickies Arena will be a 14,000 seat, spectacular multipurpose venue located adjacent to the Will Rogers Memorial Center campus in Fort Worth, Texas. The arena will be owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by the not-for-profit operating entity, Trail Drive Management Corp (TDMC). The state-of-the-art arena, scheduled to open in November 2019, will host concerts, sporting events and family entertainment, and will be the new home to Fort Worth Stock Show rodeo performances.
TRAIL DRIVE MANAGEMENT CORP. – DICKIES ARENA OF FORT WORTH, TX
TRAIL DRIVE MANAGEMENT CORP. – DICKIES ARENA OF FORT WORTH, TX
Classification: Exempt Full Time
Salary range: $60,000-$69,999
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Supervisory responsibility: Exercises general supervision over full and part time staff assigned to the department.
Job Description: The Box Office Manager will control all ticket inventories and oversee the process of all orders and payments related to ticket sales for the Arena. The position will develop, plan and deliver training on all ticketing procedures and work closely with the Director of Marketing, the Director of Finance and the Event Managers to create ticketing for events, marketing initiatives, and financial reporting needs. They will be responsible for daily reconciliation of all sales for the Arena to the executive team. They will also be responsible for the daily management of all full time and part time ticket sellers and supervisors.
Essential Duties (include, but are not limited to the following):
- Oversees day to day operations of the Box office including communication between Ticketing company, communication with TDMC department leads, and the management of the box office staff including the full time and part time labor force.
- Oversees the daily management of all part-time Ticket Sellers and Supervisors, primarily arranging the staffing hours, including all daytime and event shifts. This is in line with the department budget and to accommodate all event needs.
- Implement procedures for processing tickets for all types of sales and execute an extensive training program for all employees. From day to day processing, to marketing initiates, financial reporting needs and event promoter settlements.
- Regularly evaluate processes to create efficiencies with staff, resources and processes.
- Responsible for the box office daily financial reporting across all lines of revenue through the ticketing system and reconciliation of all Arena and Premium ticket sales. Create checks and balances to ensure accuracy of event builds, presale/on sales and internal and external reporting.
- Work in collaboration with the Ticketing company and other leaders under TDMC to drive revenue through innovation and utilization of the software capabilities.
- Make sure to schedule upgrades and research ticket enhancements and other programs to utilize in day to day operations.
- Collaborate with Finance to ensure that all ticketing reporting is accurate against money received and that all money is reported correctly in the event ledger. They will also manage the movement of cash to and from the box office.
- Responsible for all event set up, promoter engagement, on sales, and ticketing issues related to events.
- Oversee inventory management from the on sale through event settlement and post-event financial reconciliation.
- Set up and manage Suite and Premium ticket events on the ticketing system, developing excellent relations with the Premium sales team and assist with Premium Sales and Financial reporting.
- Set up and manage the Parking presales and assist with reporting needs to reconcile usage across all lots.
- Establish excellent working relations with concert promoters, other internal departments, and the Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo.
- Work with marketing and sales department to create and implement upsell opportunities for events.
- Assist the ticketing department with the handling of all internal ticket allotments and allocations for all events
- Oversee will call for all ticketed events, ensuring compliance to all relevant ticket laws.
- As part of the ticketing team, ensure that the ticketing manifests for all events match up with seats once installed in the building, also noting any potential issues and developing seat relocation plans where needed for all upcoming events.
- Reconcile Loaded ticket with reporting and integration in all POS systems
- Develop annual ticket operations & service budget for review with leadership.
- Act as senior management available for customer service inquiries and escalated customer issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant equivalent experience.
- Advanced level user knowledge of ticketing systems, policies and procedures, including event management and bar-coding systems.
- Capability to create seating and customer reports.
- Significant successful ticket operations management experience.
- Excellent skill in developing and managing department budgets.
- Strong math aptitude and ability to attend to detail.
- Recognized effective management of multiple related areas.
- Proven ability to develop and coordinate multi-faceted plans and issues.
- Demonstrated sound organizational and personal interface skills.
- Must be able to regularly work late evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- A minimum five (5) years computerized ticket operations experience with at least three (3) years in management.
- Responds quickly and effectively to changing trends and circumstances; embraces change and welcomes fresh perspectives; learns from past mistakes and adjusts accordingly
- Communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
- Assist in RFP process in determining the ticketing system to be used at Dickies Arena and for the Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo.
- Achieve outstanding customer service levels across all areas of the new arena box office.
- Manage ticketing inventory on events at the arena from on sale planning through event date, also successfully completing event settlement and financial reconciliation.
- Develop excellent financial practices and ensure that all box office money is correctly accounted for at all times.
- Play a major role in the seating manifest confirmation process ahead of the arena opening in late November 2019