Trail Drive Management Corporation
Guest Services Coordinator
Trail Drive Management Corp. – Dickies Arena of Fort Worth, TX
Trail Drive Management Corp. – Dickies Arena of Fort Worth, TX
Dickies Arena is a 14,000 seat, spectacular multipurpose venue located adjacent to the Will Rogers Memorial Center campus in Fort Worth, Texas. The arena is owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by the not-for-profit operating entity, Trail Drive Management Corp (TDMC). The state-of-the-art arena, opened in November 2019, hosts concerts, sporting events and family entertainment, and is the new home to Fort Worth Stock Show rodeo performances.
Reports to: Safety & Security Manager
Job DescriptionThe Guest Services Coordinator will be responsible for organizing and supervising the successful implementation and operation of the Guest Services programs. This Coordinator will report directly to the Safety & Security Manager and will manage the Guest Services staff, ushers, and ticket takers. Responsibilities include planning and implementing all required resources and staff to efficiently prepare, execute, and close out all events.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university in hospitality management, public relations, business administration or related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a large facility guest experience/operations department, preferably in major league sports or entertainment.
- Working knowledge of NOVAtime or other time and attendance system is strongly recommended.
- Ability to respond and provide information to staff and public inquiries in a courteous manner.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, weekends and Holidays.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment and to handle multiple tasks at a time.
- Good communication (written and verbal), problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- All applicants must successfully pass a criminal background screening.
- Keyboarding skills and computer proficiency with software knowledge of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural, ethnic, age, and other groups, enabling one to better anticipate needs and desires of a wide range of employees and guests.
- Working knowledge of American Sign Language and/or bi-lingual is a plus.
In accordance with federal law, applicant must present appropriate documentation establishing his/her identity and authorization to work in the US during the hiring process.
All other duties will be assigned according to their urgency, including but not limited to the following:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Oversee scheduling of Guest Services and Event Security staff for all events at Dickies Arena.
- Oversee the recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training of personnel Event Staff at Dickies Arena.
- Work closely with Marketing personnel to provide resources and coordinate event operations to meet the needs of sponsors and various promotional initiatives
- Maintain an efficient recruitment, interview and hiring system with Human Resources.
- Update all Guest Services materials to include daily event information sheets, information binders, staff forms, guest services desk information, etc.
- Aid in developing staff training programs and materials as well as assist in training all guest services personnel.
- Liaise with Payroll department to ensure personnel are paid accurately.
- Oversee staffing levels and manage staffing issues in coordination with the Safety & Security Manager.
- Manage Guest Services & Event Security uniform distribution/collection plan and inventory.
- Implement and enforce Trail Drive Management Corp. policies and procedures.
- Assist in annual performance reviews of all part time guest services personnel.
- Assist other departments including but not limited to Parking, Security, Food & Beverage, Engineering, Operations, and Sales and Marketing from time to time when necessary for the benefit of specific event or overall operations.
- Research and implement industry trends and best practices to continually improve standards at Dickies Arena.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Intellectual/Social demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to multi-task under time limits and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time; This position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills with internal and external clients. Employee will frequently communicate via phone, email, radio and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. This position requires the employee to frequently work both independently or as part of a team. Position also requires being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, by being able to openly communicate with other employees and clients.
- Physical Demands: While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, fax, and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before, during, and after events to interact with staff and clients as well as supervise the work of employees during events. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, email, and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee must occasionally be required, due to business demands and event operations, to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally will work outside in outside weather conditions based on where events are taking place; however, the duties of this position are performed primarily indoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, with the exception of event days, where the sound levels may be higher than moderate. The employee occasionally works near moving equipment such as forklifts, small motorized vehicles and large trucks.
- Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.