Trail Drive Management Corporation
Assistant Parking Manager
Trail Drive Management Corp. – Dickies Arena of Fort Worth, TX
Trail Drive Management Corp. – Dickies Arena of Fort Worth, TX
Dickies Arena is a 14,000 seat, spectacular multipurpose venue located adjacent to the Will Rogers Memorial Center campus in Fort Worth, Texas. The arena is owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by the not-for-profit operating entity, Trail Drive Management Corp (TDMC). The state-of-the-art arena, opened in November 2019, hosts concerts, sporting events and family entertainment, and is the new home to Fort Worth Stock Show rodeo performances.
Reports to: Parking Services Manager
Job DescriptionThis position will be responsible for assisting the Parking Services Manager in the planning and managing of all parking activities in the TDMC managed parking locations. Parking revenue and management of staff and vehicles parking is a vital part of the parking and traffic operation. The selected individual will assist the Parking Services Manager with oversight of part time staff including cashiers, attendants, valets, maintenance and barricading team members. The position will also assist with scheduling staff, weekly payroll, training and disciplinary actions. Candidates must have experience with managing customer service related complaints with the goal of achieving the highest level of customer service possible for guests utilizing TDMC facilities. This position should have prior parking management experience for major events and daily visitor operations. Individual must have prior experience with scheduling staff, managing revenue collections, utilizing computer software and mobile applications. Hours are varied but will primarily involve evenings and weekends. There is both indoor and outdoor work associated with this position. Physical duties of this position may involve lifting up to 50lbs, walking, standing, climbing, stooping and bending. This position is Exempt and is not subject to the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Develops, plans, organizes and manages parking and commuter related transportation services in the areas of; staffing, scheduling, overtime tracking and control, audit discrepancies, supply, logistics, administration, communications, operations, and departmental policies and procedures
- Identify and fill staffing vacancies needed for daily and event operations of parking facilities
- Responsible for the supervision of personnel, duty assignments, and work schedules
- Develops, plans, and organizes marketing strategies and negotiate contracts with recommended rates
- Develop and coordinate the valet parking operation to include policies, procedures, staffing and operations.
- Responsible for daily, event and permit ticket distribution and tracking
- Responsible for the processing of cash, checks, contracts, receipts, tickets and permits through established internal audit control procedures
- Plans, organizes, advises and schedules all major events, in conjunction with Supervisors and coordinates requirements with Event Coordinators and Fort Worth Police Department parking and traffic details
- Supervises and gives guidance to Security Officers and provides technical assistance when requested
- Constructively explain work assignments, methods and procedures to staff and recommend reasonable improvements for more effective job performance standards
- Demonstrates an understanding of all departmental policies and procedures consistent with the intent of Trail Drive Management Corp. and give instructions in new procedures and assist when problems arise
- Review work assignments in progress and upon completion, conduct classes of instruction if needed
- Determines work performance requirements, reassignments, and makes performance appraisals
- Counsels assigned staff on problem-solving, decision-making and investigate complaints
- Provides technical advice on work related issues and other parking matters when necessary including employee complaints, conflicts and confrontations and reports all finding to the Human Resources Manager for corrective action
- Promotes and maintains a positive attitude and professional image for the department and Trail Drive Management Corp.
- Ability to demonstrate and provide good customer service at all times, with courtesy and a smile
- Demonstrates knowledge of principles of growth and development with the ability to assess change and data to interpret information needed to identify each customer’s requirements
- Generates and maintains public relations with local city, and state businesses and industries, as well as, out of state companies
- Promotes overall objectives of quality services with minimum cost or waste
Supervisory ResponsibilityExercises general supervision over clerical, administrative and professional staff assigned to the parking department.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees during events. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. As business, maintenance, operations or emergency situations require, employee may sporadically assist in lifting/moving 100 lbs. or more.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Evenings and weekends are required; based on event activity.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and 3 years’ experience "OR" combination of education and experience in a related field
- 1-2 years’ experience in the parking management industry
- Good leadership, planning, oral and written communications, organizational skills and attention to details needed
- Prior experience with Amano McGann, Tiba, Ski-Data, DataPark, WPS, or any other parking revenue control system preferred
- Must have good mathematical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively deal with the general public in handling customer complaints with successful results
- Ability to coordinate and communicate with other management staff to adequately meet operational requirements for all events
- Prior experience supervising full/part time staff for operational and departmental needs
- Prior experience with MS Office
- Valid TX driver's License
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Management from an accredited college or university preferred
- Prior experience working in Parking Management at a Coliseum, Stadium or Convention Center preferred
- Bi-lingual a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Apply on line today at www.dickiesarena.com/job-opportunities