For more than 80 years, Fort Worth-based EECU community credit union has been committed to providing members A Better Way of Banking®. Today, EECU has approximately 200,000 members it serves through 14 banking branches across North Texas, provides access to 85,000 ATMs nationwide for free, and offers comprehensive online and mobile banking and financial services. EECU was recently rated by Consumer Reports as the highest-ranking credit union in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.
EECU is looking for a Business Development Specialist that will support Business Development Management and Community Events & Sponsorship Management. This position develops, deploys and manages strategic business development plans aimed at retaining and cultivating existing Select Employee Group (SEG) relationships. The successful candidate nurtures current relationships, and is also responsible for identifying, contacting and developing relationships with potential new sponsor groups. In addition to SEG management & development, this position is responsible for helping with positioning EECU in the community to develop the brand, build relationships and provide information about EECU’s products and services. The Business Development Specialist is also responsible for the development and management of EECU events and sponsorships that support EECU’s overall community relations strategy. The candidate will generate consistent and positive exposure of EECU through events, including creating and securing the opportunity, gathering all necessary team members and materials, pre and post communications with internal and external stakeholders, along with tracking and measuring the effectiveness of events.
Key qualifications for the Business Development Specialist:
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must have considerable experience in developing, identifying, and providing products and services to the public
- Possesses excellent organizational, analytical, and communications skills
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of credit union products and services
- Effective planning, project management and multi-tasking skills
- Effective decision making and problem-solving skills
- Skilled in Microsoft office software applications – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- EECU will, in compliance with applicable laws, evaluate an applicant’s credit history. Only applicants with good credit history will be considered for open positions.
Candidates for EECU should possess the following knowledge and experience:
· Minimum of one year’s experience in business development/public relations activities required
· High school diploma required
· Project management and event planning experience preferred
· Ability to operate and lead effectively under pressure
· Must be able to make sound independent decisions
· Must be able to resolve problems independently
· Must be self-directed and able to motivate others
· Able to prioritize tasks and follow-up for successful completion
· Able to adhere to established deadlines and budgets
EECU is an EOE/Vets/Disabled Employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability.
For more information on our organization and benefits please visit www.eecu.org/careers.