For more than 80 years, Fort Worth-based EECU community credit union has been committed to providing members A Better Way of Banking®. Today, EECU has approximately 200,000 members it serves through 14 banking branches across North Texas, provides access to 85,000 ATMs nationwide for free, and offers comprehensive online and mobile banking and financial services. EECU was recently rated by Consumer Reports as the highest-ranking credit union in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.
EECU is looking for an Account Resolutions Representative that will negotiate payment arrangements, workouts, and credit counseling as appropriate to assist members with their financial obligations.
Key responsibilities for this position will be to collect early (15-29 day) and mid stage (30-59 day) delinquent accounts. Conduct skip tracing and submit accounts for repossession as required. Establish payment arrangements, provide credit counselling, set and enforce deadlines. Recommend and process loan extensions or workouts. Properly apply laws relating to debt collection, privacy and bankruptcy. Recognize internal process failures that may cause erroneous reporting of delinquency. Must be able to audit loans and explain calculations to co-workers and members. Responsible for compliance of all Federal and State rules and regulations pertaining but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, Bank Bribery Act, NCUA Privacy Regulations, FCRA/FACTA and Fair Debt Collections Act. Required to attend initial and ongoing annual Bank Secrecy Act training.
Candidates for EECU should possess the following knowledge and experience:
- Two years collection experience in automobile, mortgage, or credit card portfolio.
- Two years customer service experience
- In-depth knowledge of collection laws and general familiarity with bankruptcy laws
- Must understand Collateral Protection Insurance
- Requires ability to effectively communicate, diffuse tension and calm members
- Requires the ability to effectively negotiate acceptable repayment arrangements
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish) speaking ability a plus
- High School diploma or equivalent
EECU is an EOE/Vets/Disabled Employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.
For more information on our organization and benefits please visit EECU Careers Opens a New Window. .