Texas Business Lenders Group, LLC, is seeking an experienced Commercial Loan Underwriter. Based in Fort Worth, we are a Credit Union Service Organization that serves the Member Business Lending functions for multiple Credit Unions primarily in Texas, including EECU. We provide underwriting and credit analysis, loan documentation, and servicing for commercial loans of our client credit unions. This full-time position will be responsible for performing thorough analysis of credit union commercial business loan requests and periodic reviews of existing loans. This position is eligible for a $1,500 sign on bonus.
Key responsibilities for this position will be to analyze and underwrite commercial loan requests and supplemental financial information from CU clients. Candidates will prepare Credit Approval Packages for approval submission, which should completely detail the analysis of submitted loan request for Capacity, Capital, Character, Collateral, and Condition and any other relevant risk factors. This includes ensuring that loan request meets program and product specification or counteroffer to different product when appropriate.
This position must communicate decision (approval, suspense, denial) to appropriate individuals within Credit Union, uphold fair lending practice of Texas Business Lending Group (TBLG) and the Credit Union, meet target for productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction. The portfolio consists primarily of loans secured by commercial real estate of various property types, with a secondary focus on Commercial & Industrial (C&I) lending. Periodic reviews of existing loans will also be conducted to provide the CU clients with an update of payment history, financial performance, and an assessment of other risk factors and trends affecting the credit. Special projects, primarily related to loan portfolio monitoring and reporting, may be assigned as needed.
Candidates for the Commercial Loan Underwriter position should possess the following, education, knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in finance, accounting, business, or a related field
- Minimum of five years of experience in commercial lending industry with experience in underwriting, processing, and/or servicing commercial loans
- Experience analyzing tax returns, financial statements, credit reports, and other financial information from individuals and various entity types
- Experience, formal training, and/or working knowledge of real estate third party reports including appraisals, Physical Condition Assessments, and Phase I & II Environmental Site Assessments
- Must possess excellent financial analysis skills and be able to adapt to specific requirements of credit union industry
- Solid written communication skills
- Experience and proficiency with various software applications including strong Excel skills and financial analysis, forecasting, and modeling experience.
- Experience or training in loan participations, secondary market, and/or SBA lending are preferred
- Ability to interpret business publications, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations
For more than 80 years, Fort Worth-based EECU community credit union has been committed to providing members A Better Way of Banking®. Today, EECU is one of the largest credit unions in Texas with over $3.3 billion in USD assets and serves over 260,000 members through 16 financial centers across North Texas. In the true spirit of the credit union philosophy “people helping people” EECU was recently honored with the Fort Worth Business Press Corporate Philanthropy Award for employee volunteerism, named Best Bank/Credit Union by the Fort Worth Star Telegram’s readers, and became the 1st credit union in Fort Worth to become Blue Zones certified for promoting employee well-being.
TBLG and EECU are EOE/Vets/Disabled Employers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.
Responsible for compliance of all Federal and State rules and regulations pertaining but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, Bank Bribery Act, NCUA Privacy Regulations, Reg DD, Reg E, Reg CC, Reg Z, Reg B, FCRA/FACTA, and Service Members Civil Relief. Required to attend initial and ongoing annual Bank Secrecy Act training.
For more information on our organization and our best in class benefits please visit EECU Careers at www.eecu.org/careers.