For more than 80 years, Fort Worth-based EECU community credit union has been committed to providing members A Better Way of Banking®. Today, EECU is one of the largest credit unions in Texas with over $2.2 billion in USD assets and serves over 200,000 members through 14 financial centers across North Texas. In the true spirit of the credit union philosophy “people helping people” EECU was recently honored with the Fort Worth Business Press Corporate Philanthropy Award for employee volunteerism, named Best Bank/Credit Union by the Fort Worth Star Telegram’s readers, and became the 1st credit union in Fort Worth to become Blue Zones certified for promoting employee well-being.
EECU is looking for a Mortgage Loan Processor that will be responsible for processing loan requests from the Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO). This entails, but is not limited to, Purchase, Refinance, Home Equity, HELOC, Home Improvement, Interim Construction, Land, and Purchase Money 2nd loans. This requires obtaining and analyzing paystubs, W2s, tax returns, appraisals, AVMs, flood certifications, home owners’ insurance, property surveys, title policies/searches, and any additional information required to process the real estate loan. Key responsibilities for the Mortgage Loan Processor will be calculating salaries, commission, bonus, and self-employment income according to Qualified Mortgage (QM) and Ability to Repay (ATR) guidelines set by the CFPB. Consults with MLO/Broker/Manager when needed to handle issues that may arise in processing the loan. Must be able to understand, explain to borrower, and track waiting periods on Disclosures, Texas Property Code, and Right to Cancel. Must be able to determine a change of circumstance and take appropriate action to allow the loan to close. Works with FNMA Delegated Underwriting (DU) and FHLMC Loan Prospector (LP) automated underwriting findings if applicable. Verifies rate spreads for loans to determine if loan is considered High Priced (HPML). Responsible for explaining complete processing timeline of the loan request to the borrower.
The Mortgage Loan Processor must stay in contact with borrower during the process to answer any questions and to keep the borrower on track in submitting any required information. Must have understanding of RESPA, FCRA, TIL, OFAC, HMDA, BSA, TRID and other applicable regulations. Responsible for compliance of all Federal and State rules and regulations pertaining but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, Bank Bribery Act, NCUA Privacy Regulations, Reg Z, FCRA/FACTA, RESPA, HMDA, TRID, Fair Housing Act, Flood Disaster Protection Act and Homeowner’s Protection Act. Required to attend initial and ongoing annual Bank Secrecy Act training. Candidates for EECU should possess the following knowledge and experience:
- Must have 2 years’ experience as a Processor with lending delivering loans to Secondary Market
- Must have working knowledge of Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac, FHA/VA guidelines and regulatory requirements
- Must have working knowledge of Mortgage LOS systems, Encompass LOS preferred
- Must have an analytical aptitude, ability to review credit reports, title work/abstracts, appraisals, flood certificates, surveys and extensive knowledge of all loan types offered
- Must be proficient in Excel and Word
- Must be well organized, detail-oriented and work well under time constraints
- Must have a clear understanding of all legal documentation
- High School diploma or equivalent
- EECU will, in compliance with applicable laws, evaluate an applicant's credit history. Only applicants with good credit history will be considered for open positions.
EECU is an EOE/Vets/Disabled Employer. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans’ status or on the basis of disability. For more information on our organization and benefits please visit EECU Careers.