For more than 80 years, Fort Worth-based EECU community credit union has been committed to providing members A Better Way of Banking®. Today, EECU has approximately 200,000 members it serves through 14 banking branches across North Texas, provides access to 85,000 ATMs nationwide for free, and offers comprehensive online and mobile banking and financial services. EECU was recently rated by Consumer Reports as the highest-ranking credit union in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.
The Receptionist serves as the primary first contact for the Operations Center, located on Cullen Street in Fort Worth, Texas. This position coordinates the receiving of all guests, trainees, and vendors that arrive at the Cullen Operations Center following established Security Guidelines. Performs various administrative tasks for multiple departments as assigned. The Receptionist, as a Financial Institution employee, is responsible for compliance of all Federal and State rules and regulations pertaining but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, Bank Bribery Act, NCUA Privacy Regulations and Security Awareness.
Key qualifications for the Receptionist:
· Responsible for greeting and welcoming all employee/visitors in an enthusiastic, respectful, professional, friendly, and timely manner
· Actively listen to employees/visitors to determine their needs and help them navigate about the building to accomplish their task or contact the appropriate department to assist them
· Enforces basic security procedures as outlined in the Employee and 3rd Party/Visitor Badges Standard Operating Procedure
· Responsible for all deliveries associated with the Cullen Operations Center and assisting the delivery personnel by unlocking and locking the delivery door
· Responsible for checking the outside mailbox daily in the afternoon and then distributing mail to various department personnel
· Responsible for the safekeeping of various keys and Visitor’s log book
· Perform other duties assigned, i.e. help the Training Team prepare training materials, register staff for various classroom training and other sessions as needed, assist with special projects or events assigned by Department Managers
· Required to attend initial and ongoing annual Bank Secrecy Act training and Security Awareness Training
· EECU will, in compliance with applicable laws, evaluate an applicant’s credit history. Only applicants with good credit history will be considered for open positions.
Candidates for EECU should possess the following knowledge and experience:
· Must have the ability to work both independently, as well as in a Team oriented environment
· Must have excellent interpersonal skills, listening skills, organizational skills, and Microsoft Office skills, and have basic skills for operating office machinery such as printer, copier, and scanner
· Experience in a receptionist role is preferred
· Schedule is 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday
· Must be able to lift 5 to 10 lbs
· Must be able to adapt to change easily and multitask
· High School Diploma or equivalent
EECU is an EOE/Vets/Disabled Employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.
For more information on our organization and benefits please visit