Trail Drive Management Corp. - Dickies Arena
SAFETY & SECURITY MANAGER
Trail Drive Management Corporation – Dickies Arena of Fort Worth, TX
Trail Drive Management Corporation – Dickies Arena of Fort Worth, TX
Dickies Arena is a 14,000 seat, spectacular multipurpose venue located adjacent to the Will Rogers Memorial Center campus in Fort Worth, Texas. The arena is owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by the not-for-profit operating entity, Trail Drive Management Corp. (TDMC). The state-of-the-art arena, opened in November 2019, and hosts concerts, sporting events and family entertainment, and is the new home to Fort Worth Stock Show rodeo performances.
Classification: Exempt Full Time
Reports to: Assistant General Manager
Supervisory responsibility: 24/7 Security Officers, Event Security Managers, Event Security Officers, Ushers, Ticket Takers, EMTs & Nurses.
Job Description: The Safety & Security Manager will serve as the single point of contact for physical security and environmental health and safety for the Dickies Arena and managed parking facilities. The Safety & Security Manager will have oversight and management of the 24/7 venue and be responsible for directing and coordinating activities relating to the protection, safeguarding and security of company assets, employees, guests, and others; as well as implementing and monitoring safety and security policies, procedures and programs.
Essential Duties (include, but are not limited to the following):
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Develop an effective strategy to assess and mitigate risk, maintain continuity of operations, and safeguard the facility including team members and guests. Direct security personnel in identifying, developing, implementing, and maintaining all safety and security processes, practices, and policies to reduce risks, respond to incidents, and limit exposure and liability in all areas of financial, physical, and personal risk.
- Seek and deploy state-of-the-art technology solutions and innovative security management techniques to safeguard the organization’s assets and property. Establish appropriate standards and associated risk controls.
- Develop and maintain relationships with high-level, local, state, and federal law enforcement as well as fire & life safety personnel and private sector counterparts, including Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo, Will Rogers Memorial Complex and surrounding Cultural District museums.
- Lead collaborative efforts with the City of Fort Worth, Fort Worth Police Department, Fort Worth Fire Department, FBI, Homeland Security, Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo and all Cultural District museums to develop review sessions, round table discussions, table top exercises and live trainings for activities related to the Emergency Operations Plan.
- Through subordinate managers and staff, lead and implement site security, operations, and activities to ensure protection of employees, customers, promoters & talent, athletes and other stakeholders, visitors, etc. and physical and information assets, while ensuring optimal use of personnel and equipment.
- Work with all Dickies Arena departments, and specifically, the legal department and the Human Resources Department, to ensure that security incidents and related issues and claims are investigated and resolved without undue disruption of the arena’s business and activities, and that all investigations or other activities undertaken by Dickies Arena security personnel are conducted in a fair and objective manner, consistent with the organization’s values and codes of business conduct.
- The safety and security department will work with the Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo as well as all other events and promoters to ensure a seamless flow of event operations.
- Properly document, update, maintain and communicate all departmental policies and procedures in a clear and orderly manner.
- Provide the necessary guidance and instruction and communicating the necessary policies and procedures to subordinate personnel and security services contractors (if any) in support of the proper execution of their assigned duties.
- Ensure that all shift related issues, observations, and critical information are documented, verified, and accurately reported to the appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Conduct periodic inspections of all document flow programs to ensure compliance with established and documented policies and procedures. Take the necessary corrective action when discrepancies are noted.
- Maintain accountability for all files, logs, and reports for the required period of time, doing so in a manner that will ensure quick and accurate recall of any required/requested information.
- Maintain procedures and training for safety and security personnel that will enable them to accurately prepare and file reports regarding all safety and security incidents in and around Dickies Arena.
- Provide quality control oversight of all uniforms and equipment needed by Dickies Arena security staff to perform their duties and responsibilities.
- Maintain a positive and productive work environment and ensuring that Dickies Arena’s commitment to such an environment is communicated to and adhered to by all subordinates and contractors.
- Conduct briefings with staff and senior management on safety and security matters as needed.
- Provide proper training and conducting periodic reviews off all safety and security personnel.
- Develop and review emergency response and crisis management procedures and conducting periodic training exercises relating to such procedures.
- Maintain a professional, service-oriented relationship with fans/guests attending arena events.
- Establish policies and maintaining records related to Dickies Arena access controls, including the issuance of daily, seasonal, and year-round credentials to employees, vendors, and media.
- Retain, supervise, and direct the deployment of on-site, life-safety personnel, including doctors, nurses, fire officials, and EMTs.
- Prepare and manage the budget for the safety and security department.
- Participate in continued education and training as well as industry specific conferences and professional affiliated organizations.
- Complete all duties as assigned, on a timely basis, and with a high degree of professionalism.
- Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice or related discipline from an accredited college or university or equivalent professional experiences.
- 7+ years of security management experience in a high-profile sports and entertainment venue or equivalent experience in managing security personnel and law enforcement.
- Working knowledge of federal Incident Command System (ICS) and National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- Knowledge of National Fire Protection Associate Life Safety Code regulations as well as NFPA Crowd Managers, Assembly Occupancies and SFPE Handbook.
- Keyboarding skills and computer proficiency with software knowledge including MS Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be exposed to adverse weather conditions when required to work outside
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as business is called for
- Self-motivated with strong client relations and staff management skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment and meet deadlines
- Superior customer service experience
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with internal and external parties
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to multi-task under time limits and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time; This position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills with internal and external clients. Employee will frequently communicate via radio and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. This position requires employee to frequently work both independently or as part of a team. Position also requires being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, by being able to openly communicate with clients.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees during events. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. As business, maintenance, operations or emergency situations require, employee may sporadically assist in lift/move 100 lbs. or more.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions; however, the duties of this position are performed primarily indoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, with the exception of event days, where the sound levels may be higher than moderate. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.