Trail Drive Management Corp. - Dickies Arena
Trail Drive Management Corp. – Dickies Arena of Fort Worth, TX
Trail Drive Management Corp. – Dickies Arena of Fort Worth, TX
Dickies Arena will be a 14,000 seat, spectacular multipurpose venue located adjacent to the Will Rogers Memorial Center campus in Fort Worth, Texas. The arena will be owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by the not-for-profit operating entity, Trail Drive Management Corp (TDMC). The state-of-the-art arena, scheduled to open in November 2019, will host concerts, sporting events and family entertainment, and will be the new home to Fort Worth Stock Show rodeo performances.
Reports to: Manager of Concessions, Club Seats, Vending & Rodeo Boxes
Supervisory responsibility: Exercises general supervision over concessions supervisors, full time & part time administrative and operations-based team members
Job Description :
The Concessions Manager will support the staffing of all concession team members along with concept/ menu development & event planning for all operating areas under concessions oversight which will include permanent concession stands and bars, portable concessions carts, vending operations, and the in-seat service to our club seat and rodeo box guests. This position is also responsible for ensuring that exceptional hospitality is provided, alcoholic beverages are served safely, food quality and sanitation standards are always maintained. This position reports to the Manager of Concessions, Club Seats, Vending & Rodeo Boxes.
Essential Duties (Include, but are not limited to the following):
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Assist with the establishment and enforcement of Dickies Arena policies
- Work closely with other team members and other departments to ensure department specific procedures, tasks and goals are met, consistent and effective communication occurs, efficient operational performance and a positive reputation of venue within the market/ industry is maintained
- Support with the hiring, training, staffing and scheduling of all concession team members
- Support with the execution of all concession concepts & menus for all areas within the oversight of the concessions team, inclusive of Concession Stands, Bars, Portables, Vending, Club Seat Service, Rodeo Box Service
- Engage with venue guests, as well as, team members to ensure exceptional hospitality is always received
- Assist in the development of promotions and programs to enhance the guest experience
- Assist with response and correction of any departmental guest service issues
- Follow and enforce policies associated with the safe service of all alcoholic beverages
- Responsible for enforcing, executing and maintaining all safety, security and sanitation standards throughout the venue
- Responsible for ensuring food quality in presentation and production throughout all concessions operating areas, as well as, the remainder of the venue
- Support the mentorship and development of all concession’s supervisors and team members daily
- Thoroughly and accurately use all selected systems as appropriate for position (Purchasing, Point-of-sale, Work Force Management and more)
- Assist with ensuring achievement of all financial goals within the Suites and Loge Box department
- Conduct and oversee the ordering and inventory management aspects of the Concessions department
- Support the F&B and Dickies Arena Senior Leadership to ensure a successful operation
- Other responsibilities and tasks as deemed appropriate by the Food and Beverage and Dickies Arena Leadership Team
- 3+ years of experience in food & beverage operations with 1+ years in a supervisory/management capacity.
- Experience in a sports and/ or entertainment venue within concessions and/or in-seat operations strongly preferred.
- Previous experience leading large teams; inclusive of supervisors and part-time team members (100+ strongly preferred)
- Experience in an organization that has opened/acquired a new venue strongly preferred
- Experience leading teams
- Attention to detail
- Keyboarding skills and computer proficiency with software knowledge including MS Office Experience, implementing and operating Point of Sale and purchasing related technology
- Experience with computerized work force management software strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Must be able to work extended shifts of 10 hours or more as business dictates
- Must be flexible with schedule and able to work different shifts
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work in fluctuating temperatures
- English reading, writing, comprehension, math and computer skills required
- Ability to taste and evaluate food and beverage products
- Must be able to reach, lift, stoop, bend and perform extensive standing and walking (including stairs) throughout shift
- Ability to use hands in using office equipment, including the computer system
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly
- Ability to perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound. Ability to talk and hear to conduct phone and radio correspondence
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned; visual inspection involving small errors and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly parts at distances close to the eyes
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to multi-task under time limits and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. This position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills with internal and external clients. Employee will frequently communicate via radio and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. This position requires employee to frequently work both independently or as part of a team. Position also requires being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, by being able to openly communicate with clients.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will frequently operate a POS system, computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees during events. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, radio, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. As business, maintenance, operations or emergency situations require, employee may sporadically assist in lift/move 100 lbs. or more.
- The duties of this position are performed primarily indoors but do require frequent movement in and out of controlled temperature units such as refrigerators and/or freezers. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, with the exception of event days, where the sound levels may be higher than moderate. Employee will be occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions, year-round. Employee will be exposed to and working in extreme temperatures when utilizing various pieces of equipment.