Trail Drive Management Corp. - Dickies Arena
Trail Drive Management Corp. – Dickies Arena of Fort Worth, TX
Trail Drive Management Corp. – Dickies Arena of Fort Worth, TX
Dickies Arena will be a 14,000 seat, spectacular multipurpose venue located adjacent to the Will Rogers Memorial Center campus in Fort Worth, Texas. The arena will be owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by the not-for-profit operating entity, Trail Drive Management Corp (TDMC). The state-of-the-art arena, scheduled to open in November 2019, will host concerts, sporting events and family entertainment, and will be the new home to Fort Worth Stock Show rodeo performances.
Classification: Exempt Full Time
Reports to: Director of Operations
Supervisory responsibilities: Exercises general supervision over event personnel assigned to the department.
Job Description: We are seeking an enthusiastic, energetic, and highly organized Event Manager to manage all assigned events at the Dickies Arena from conception through completion and thereafter. The ideal candidate will be able to provide outstanding customer service both externally and internally with creativity and consistency. The ability to multitask and prioritize are essential, as this role oversees details such as décor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, etc.
Essential Duties (Include, but are not limited to the following):
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Review technical riders, pre-event information and discuss production requests and requirements directly with promoters, artists’ representatives and all other pertinent organizations involved.
- Acquire all relevant information pertaining to assigned events for the success of each event.
- Organize and manage pre-event meetings and ensure attendance of all relevant staff.
- Develop and distribute Event Resumes and/or Information Sheets in a timely manner to all departments and relevant staff.
- Compile, present and review Event information in weekly staff meetings and all relevant pre-event meetings.
- Conduct post-event briefings for continual improvement to benefit future events.
- Develop Event files to retain all Event information for future events and for other staff review.
- Prepare budget and cost control measures for assigned Events. Provide estimates and forecasting information for assigned Events to Finance Department and ensure Event reporting is accurate.
- Attend and lead Event Settlements working with Finance in all aspects of the Event Settlement process from deal points, pre-settlement issues and final settlement preparation.
- Develop proper CAD drawings for all assigned events and all areas of use.
- Work in conjunction with the Ticketing Department to develop CAD drawings and assist as needed with preparation of Pre-Sale and On-Sale for assigned Events.
- Anticipate production, logistical and operation problems. Identify appropriate solutions and project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of organizational objectives.
- Oversee Event Personnel and report any important positive or negative feedback to relevant Department Managers.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, co-workers, part-time staff, contractors, patrons as well as public and municipal officials.
- Assist in developing Department Specific Rules and Regulations, Standard Operating Procedures, Training Manuals and any other methods.
- Assist in the review and determination of Best Practices for Event Load-in/Set-up, maximum capacity with various configurations and Load-out/Tear down.
- Assist in cost estimates for events of various size and type.
- Assist in selection of Event related FF&E.
- Learn and review all areas inside and outside the Arena with special emphasis on those with Event specific use and purpose.
- Assist in bid and/or sales process for new events.
- Complete all duties as assigned, on a timely basis, and with a high degree of professionalism.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college with preferred area of study in Event Production or Sports/Entertainment Management and/or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in event management, Production preferably in concerts, sporting events and game management is desired.
- Course work in Trained Crowd Manager is desired.
- Demonstrate knowledge in event production, including lighting, audio, video, facility rigging, industry terminology, event-related services and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
- Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of highly technical Audio Visual and other Electronic Systems specific to the Event Industry
- Ability to read, understand and implement artists riders.
- Knowledge of fire and public safety regulations
- Working knowledge of standard trade tools and equipment.
- Must be able to operate under extreme deadlines and within budgets.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Keyboarding skills and computer proficiency with software knowledge including MS Office
- Proficient in Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment
- Ability to be exposed to adverse weather conditions when required to work outside.
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as business is called for.
- Self-motivated with strong client relations
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Superior customer service experience.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with internal and external parties.
- Understand and work from general instructions, specifications, sketches as well as ability to read and comprehend blueprints, drawings, construction submittals and specifications and other related materials.
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to multi-task under time limits and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. This position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills with internal and external clients. Employee will frequently communicate via radio and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. This position requires employee to frequently work both independently or as part of a team. Position also requires being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, by being able to openly communicate with clients.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees during events. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. As business, maintenance, operations or emergency situations require, employee may sporadically assist in lift/move 100 lbs. or more.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions; however, the duties of this position are performed primarily indoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, with the exception of event days, where the sound levels may be higher than moderate. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.