Trail Drive Management Corp. - Dickies Arena
EVENT SALES & CATERING MANAGER
Trail Drive Management Corp. – Dickies Arena of Fort Worth, TX
Trail Drive Management Corp. – Dickies Arena of Fort Worth, TX
Dickies Arena will be a 14,000 seat, spectacular multipurpose venue located adjacent to the Will Rogers Memorial Center campus in Fort Worth, Texas. The arena will be owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by the not-for-profit operating entity, Trail Drive Management Corp (TDMC). The state-of-the-art arena, scheduled to open in November 2019, will host concerts, sporting events and family entertainment, and will be the new home to Fort Worth Stock Show rodeo performances.
Classification: Exempt Full Time
Reports to: Director of Food & Beverage & Manager of F&B Operations
Supervisory responsibility: Exercises general supervision over F&B managers, event related supervisors, full time & part time administrative and operations-based team members
Job Description :
The Event Sales & Catering Manager is responsible for selling special events to be hosted at Dickies Arena, as well as, providing direct oversight for select events. They are responsible for establishing relationships with new and existing clientele to meet Special Event related targets and revenue goals. As a key contributor, there is an inherent expectation to drive results for constant business growth and increased revenue streams. The Event Sales & Catering Manager will work closely with the Operations and Food & Beverage Leadership teams to develop unique experiences and to execute all special events throughout the venue. This position is also responsible for ensuring that exceptional hospitality is provided, that all Dickies Arena Safety, Security, Responsible Alcohol Service, Health and Sanitation policies are always maintained. This position reports to the Assistant General Manager and the Director of Food & Beverage and interacts with integral internal partners including the President/GM.
Essential Duties (Include, but are not limited to the following):
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Develop and expand network to build niche market awareness to position the Dickies Arena as a unique special events destination
- Receive, respond and manage all special event inquiries associated with Dickies Arena
- Serve as the primary and/or sole event manager for select events
- Solicit new special event opportunities using a variety of sales methods including extensive networking, prospecting, cold calling, telephone solicitation, direct mail, social media, etc.
- Create a database to keep in touch with past clients through phone calls, emails, letters and personal meetings
- Work with clients in all aspects of event planning, as well as, onsite coordination for upcoming events, to include the preparation and distribution of all necessary paperwork
- Have knowledge of special event related fees and available services, inclusive of catering menu/ options, etc.
- Have knowledge of all building related safety and security requirements, inclusive of food safety and sanitation
- Draft proposals and conduct tours of the facility
- Partner with the F&B Leadership team to create menus, conduct tastings, etc.
- Be fiscally responsible and accountable to budget goals for operations and food & beverage
- Support the hiring, training, staffing and scheduling of all special event related team members
- Execute all follow-up touch points; thank you messages, etc.
- Maintain a list of preferred vendors for flowers, music, audio/visual, lighting, etc.
- Leverage internal resources including, Marketing, Graphic Design, Public Relations and Premium departments to create marketing campaigns associated with special events
- Be the event host liaison throughout the planning process and ensure client comfort with event management team
- Develop and distribute event notes to all Dickies Arena Departments
- Orchestrate and facilitate special event related meetings
- Ensure that all payment processing is completed in accordance with Dickies Arena payment terms and that all final payments reflect any and all services rendered on behalf of the client. He/she is the liaison between the client and the billing department
- Capitalize on the unique experiences that could be created when hosting an event at Dickies Arena that tie the guest experience to our core business by leveraging building facilities
- Work with the Director of Food and Beverage and Director of Finance on the creation of an annual catering budget
- Prepare regular reports on catering sales and submit to the Director of Food and Beverage
- Work closely with Event and Operations Managers to understand and help manage (inventory and ordering needs) all conference services materials; podiums, tables, chairs, A/V, etc…
- Thoroughly and accurately use all selected systems as appropriate for position (Purchasing, Point-of-sale, Work Force Management and more)
- Complete and provide daily/ event financial updates as requested/ determined
- Prepare, implement and compile data for strategic sales plan, annual goals, forecasts and other reports as directed and/or required
- Oversee and support the mentorship and development of all catering managers, operations managers, supervisors and team members daily
- Engage with venue guests, as well as, team members to ensure exceptional hospitality is always received
- Work closely with Dickies Arena Senior Leadership to ensure effective coordination/ scheduling of special events in conjunction with and/or around all other arena events
- Partner with Dickies Arena Senior Leadership to ensure a successful operation
- Other responsibilities and tasks as deemed appropriate by the Dickies Arena Leadership Team
- Successful track record for 5+ years as an Event Sales and/ or Sales & Catering Manager in a full-service resort, hotel, or convention center securing and overseeing every type of event
- Experience in a sports and/or entertainment multi-use venue strongly preferred
- Experience working with professional sports teams, major award shows and large-scale conventions preferred
- Track record of organizing and planning events that serve a wide range of guests
- Robust understanding of Operations, as well as, Food & Beverage and each departments relationship to large scale events (A/V, set ups, costings, planning, etc.)
- Current membership in industry specific associations preferred (NACE, ICA, etc.)
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Catering Software
- Working knowledge of basic PC applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience, implementing and operating Point of Sale, On-line Ordering and purchasing related technology
- Experience with computerized work force management software strongly preferred
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Must be able to work extended shifts of 10 hours or more as business dictates
- Must be flexible with schedule and able to work different shifts
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work in fluctuating temperatures
- English reading, writing, comprehension, math and computer skills required
- Ability to taste and evaluate food and beverage products
- Must be able to reach, lift, stoop, bend and perform extensive standing and walking (including stairs) throughout shift
- Ability to use hands in using office equipment, including the computer system
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly
- Ability to perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound. Ability to talk and hear to conduct phone and radio correspondence
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned; visual inspection involving small errors and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly parts at distances close to the eyes
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to multi-task under time limits and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. This position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills with internal and external clients. Employee will frequently communicate via radio and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. This position requires employee to frequently work both independently or as part of a team. Position also requires being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, by being able to openly communicate with clients.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will frequently operate a POS system, computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees during events. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, radio, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. As business, maintenance, operations or emergency situations require, employee may sporadically assist in lift/move 100 lbs. or more.
- The duties of this position are performed primarily indoors but do require frequent movement in and out of controlled temperature units such as refrigerators and/or freezers. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, with the exception of event days, where the sound levels may be higher than moderate. Employee will be occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions, year-round. Employee will be exposed to and working in extreme temperatures when utilizing various pieces of equipment.