Texas Christian University
The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for providing HR generalist support to assigned business units in all HR functions including recruitment, training, employee relations, management coaching, retention, leave, performance management and legal compliance. This position will enhance organizational effectiveness by aligning human resources with divisional goals and business strategies through developing relationships with staff, faculty and leadership.
|Duties and Essential Job Functions:
1. Advises and guides management in HR best practices and ensures consistency and adherence to university policies, procedures, and applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Provides strategic and operational HR consultation and support to all levels of management, including policy guidance and interpretation.
2. Reviews and makes suggestions to the Human Resources department on improvements for the programs, policies, practices, and processes associated with Human Resources-related matters of the organization. Collaborates with HR department leaders to ensure coordination, consistency, and sensitivity in the delivery of all HR-related activities.
3. Formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the university and assigned business units.
4. Acts as liaison between management, employees, and Employee Relations, while handling sensitive and confidential matters with discretion and tact, to resolve work-related disputes and other employee relations matters including but not limited to severance and termination proceedings.
5. Assists employees and supervisors in the performance management process including but not limited to: coaching managers and employees on the resolution of performance issues; interpretation and application of HR policy and employment law.
6. Identifies training needs within assigned business units and partners in coordination with the Employee Engagement & Organizational Strategy team to develop and present various HR- related training programs.
7. Provides assistance to assigned business units on pre-employment and the on-boarding process and partner with supervisors and HR staff to ensure newly hired staff will receive appropriate guidance in their introductory periods regarding expectations and documentation.
8. Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
9. Analyzes HR data for assigned business units to identify opportunities for improvement and implement solutions to align strategy with the mission of the organization.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Required Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field of study and 3 plus years of experience in Human Resources.
· High School diploma or GED equivalent and 7 plus years of experience in Human Resources.
|Preferred Education and Experience:
· Fluency in both Spanish and English.
· Experience in managing employee relations matters.
· Experience in collective bargaining.
|Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
|Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
· Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM-CP)