Texas Christian University
The Payroll Manager is responsible for managing the payroll services and system for oversight of all payroll processing, payroll tax reporting and reconciliation. The Payroll Manager is also responsible for researching and resolving all payroll issues including corrective actions and ensuring adherence and compliance to applicable laws, payroll polices and tax regulations. This position is required to serve as the liaison to auditors and other external agencies.
|Duties and Essential Job Functions:
1. Oversees all TCU payroll processes and controls, which includes exempt, non-exempt, and student employees according to defined schedules and processes.
2. Provides direct supervision and guidance to payroll staff members in the development, implementation, and maintenance of payroll operations according to established policies.
3. Acts as an advisor to unit to meet schedules and resolve issues.
4. Reviews payroll registers for accuracy prior to distribution and oversees the audit, reconciliation, and resolution of discrepancies of transactions.
5. Oversees payroll administration to ensure optimal efficiency and maintains high standards of customer service.
6. Maintains current knowledge of laws, codes, rules, regulations and pending legislations related to payroll functions. Administers new payroll processes, utilizing industry best practices in order to achieve consistency and standardization.
7. Participates in efforts on the roll-out of payroll operational practices and process improvements.
8. Coordinates the creation of a variety of complex payroll related reports as mandated by county office, state, and federal regulations.
9. Serves as a consultant to departments to resolves issues by providing direction on TCU policies and procedures; identifying compliance issues; coordinating issues with appropriate resources to help identify a successful conclusion.
10. Maintains payroll records in compliance with internal guidelines and external regulations; reviews, interprets and administers state and IRS payroll laws and regulations; develops and maintains payroll audit guidelines.
11. Provides training and process updates to the payroll and tax compliance positions to ensure cross-training and payroll processing coverage.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Required Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
· 5 plus years of payroll experience.
· 2 plus years of experience managing a payroll department, can run concurrent.
|Preferred Education and Experience:
|Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
|Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
· Certified Payroll Professional (CPP).