Trail Drive Management Corporation
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY COORDINATOR
Multipurpose Arena Fort Worth – Fort Worth, TX
Multipurpose Arena Fort Worth – Fort Worth, TX
Status: Full Time Salary
Reports To: Information Technology Manager
Job Description: The IT Coordinator is responsible for assisting the IT Manager with oversight and management of all things related to Technology for Dickies Arena. Dickies Arena is a 14,000 seat, spectacular multipurpose venue located adjacent to the Will Rogers Memorial Center campus in Fort Worth, Texas. The arena is owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by the not-for-profit operating entity, Trail Drive Management Corp. (MAFW). The state-of-the-art arena, opened November 2019, will host concerts, sporting events and family entertainment, and is the new home to Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo performances.
- Provide day-to-day IT support for Dickies Arena staff utilizing Help Desk approach.
- Maintain a high level of system support and client satisfaction to end-users at all times for Arena specific applications including but not limited to Point of Sale (POS) software and hardware, digital signage & IPTY System, ticketing system, WiFi System, Building Automation Control System, Parking Access Controls Systems (PARCS) as well as other technology based systems as needed.
- Assist with Network Administration, including backup, security management, user account management, email systems & email web server, internet access, office systems and applications support.
- Supports VOIP telecommunications systems and all other telecommunications systems.
- Responsible for system and network standards, upgrades, maintenance and monitoring.
- Assist in implementing all functional policies and procedures, including those for network architecture, standards, purchasing and service provision using industry standard best practices.
- Monitor and report on network/system, along with performance metrics and service levels that meet the business’ standards of excellence.
- Provide technical direction and instruction relative to complex problems.
- Assist with technology planning for all departments by remaining current with the latest technologies and solutions through ongoing research.
- Assist with managing procurement and installation of all new hardware/software systems
- Thoroughly document network processes, procedures and practices
- Ensure testing and evaluation of new hardware and software technologies
- Assist with hardware inventory and asset management
- Work with internal and external partners on implementation, maintenance and support of desktop, network and server infrastructure components
- Work with third party vendors and support systems as needed to ensure technology systems are operating efficiently
- Assist in planning Capital Improvement Projects and Budget as it relates to IT
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology discipline from an accredited college or university or equivalent professional and technical experiences
- 5+ years of Information Technology management or leadership experience
- 5+ years of commercial system/network administration experience
- 3+ years’ experience supporting POS System hardware, wired & wireless network and internet support and device troubleshooting
- Eagerness to work in a rapidly changing, diverse environment and a willing ness to accept ownership and responsibility of the IT infrastructure to ensure its 24 x 7 availability
- Solid understanding of network concepts and troubleshooting including TCP/IP, VLAN’s, wireless LAN’s
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and systems
- 3+ years of application support experience in an environment with more than 50 users
- 3+ years of experience with database systems including SQL Server
- Knowledge of PCI compliance requirements and practices
- Experience with Virtualization of both servers and desktops
- Have full understanding and effective troubleshooting skills on PC architecture, PC support, Server support, Microsoft Windows Workstation and Server, Microsoft Active Directory, Windows version 10, Office 2016, Mac OS X and Anti-Virus tools
- Keyboarding skills and computer proficiency with software knowledge including MS Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be exposed to adverse weather conditions when required to work outside
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as business is called for
- Self-motivated with strong client relations and staff management skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to meet deadlines
- Superior customer service skills
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with internal and external parties
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2016
- Ability to troubleshoot multiple desktop Operating Systems (Windows 10 & MAC OS) and Applications
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining Windows Server 2016
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 as well as MS Office 365
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to multi-task under time limits and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time; This position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills with internal and external clients. Employee will frequently communicate via radio and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. This position requires employee to frequently work both independently or as part of a team. Position also requires being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, by being able to openly communicate with clients.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees during events. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. As business, maintenance, operations or emergency situations require, employee may sporadically assist in lift/move 100 lbs. or more.
- The duties of this position are performed primarily indoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employee will be occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions, year-round.