Executive Operations Manager
The Executive Services Manager directs the administration needs and serves as a strategic partner to the Executive Director, assisting with activities that meet the organization’s goals and advance the mission. This position reports primarily to the Executive Director.
The ideal candidate is action orientated – balancing getting tasks done quickly with bringing an outstanding level of professionalism, detail, and thoroughness to every task. The ideal candidate balances internal organizational operations with representing the organization externally with the Executive Council, community, and the donor stakeholder groups. The ideal candidate can be trusted to hold themselves to the utmost professional integrity in an office environment that is fluid and remote.
Key Buckets of Work
Administrative Support for Executive Director
• Support with calendaring and scheduling meetings.
• Coordinate external convenings, including document preparation and PowerPointpresentations.
• Provide data, statistics, input, background, and other information as a support function in overseeing the organization’s
• Coordinate executive operations functions for the organization and communicate on behalf of Executive Director to
external stakeholder groups.
Lead the Organization’s Internal Financial & Strategic Framework Execution
o Manage financial processes, including security and accuracy of credit card accounts, credit card reconciliation and
reporting, financial reconciliation, and employee reimbursement approvals.
o Mange all vendor relationships (procurement, purchasing, and troubleshooting), including but not limited to
technology licenses, GoDaddy account for emails/website/Office 365, etc. • Operations
o Develop processes for procedure updates, including archiving and filing system.
o Manage incoming and outgoing mail process, phone, voice messages, and organization email address, contact@
• Strategic Framework Execution
o Prepare documents for all internal office and team meetings, including agenda preparation, document collection and dissemination, and follow-up action commitments — all with the purpose of monitoring forward progress on Strategic Framework with a disciplined eye towards data benchmarks.
o Lead the organization’s project management system to track workflow, project deadlines, manage up and across on tasks, and prepare data analysis report on organization’s key performance metrics.
Manage Executive Committees
• Coordinate/Prepare all correspondence with Executive Council, including Committee and Council scheduling, agenda creation, document preparation, follow-up correspondence, and meeting minutes.
• Manage up to Executive Council, Committees, and Executive Director to ensure all annual Council items and Committee responsibilities are completed.
• Responsible for Executive Council meetings, retreats, and events: call for information, scheduling, agendas, venue, logistics, meeting packets, etc.
• Coordinate New Council Member Orientation.
• Responsible for taking Executive Council and Committee meeting minutes; review, edit and finalize minutes; send for signature on any Executive Council votes.
• Coordinate and execute outreach and response to Council Members’ life events.
• Update Executive Council policies and handbooks for approval; archive prior versions.
Execute External Relations Strategies, specifically related to Development and Marketing/Communications
• Manage all steps of external relations checklist, including fundraising project management, drafting prospective revenue projections, and managing stewardship calendar and development tracker document.
• Develop premier practices for stewarding donors and appreciating them, including donor acknowledgement letters and handwritten thank you notes.
• Grant writing and grant reporting.
• Represent the organization and Executive Director at events and in-person meetings.
• Serve on Marketing and Communications strategic coordinating team alongside community partners to provide input
on organization’s strategic communication and manage staff to implement.
• Supervise Marketing and Communications Coordinator to support communications strategy execution.
• Work in lock-step with branding partners to execute organizational branding, marketing, and communications.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree related to fields of Management, Education, Social Service or Communications.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, with special emphasis on PowerPoint.
• Previous experience working for one or more senior executives and/or Board, preferably in a nonprofit organization.
• Proven experience (at least five years) in office management and project coordination with a passion for children and
families, education and system change.
• Experience in handling confidential information and maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information.
Indicators of Success
• You are determined, action-orientated, ambitious, and a self-starter. You get things done! You proactively prioritize tasks, take action, fully owning all aspects of your work, and get things done. Your work is thorough. You pay attention to details, and double check your work.
• You are reliable and trustworthy. You follow through on commitments and complete tasks quickly – even before being reminded.
• You love organization and processes. You use your strong project management skills to ensure programming is seamlessly executed. You are energized by behind the scenes work supporting a team.
• You have a disciplined work ethic. You have excellent organization, time management, leadership, and outstanding formal communication skills: oral, written, presentation, grammar, and spelling.
• You think big picture and strategically. You carefully consider the impact of relationships and tasks across our work and system.
• You bring joy to the work and have a tenacious and determined spirit to succeed in our mission. You are passionate and motivated by children, equitable education systems, and achieving excellence. You have a knowledge of Fort Worth, its neighborhoods, school pyramids, organizations, culture, etc.
Interested in this role and joining our team?
Send your resume with cover letter to Elizabeth Brands, Executive Director, at Elizabeth.Brands@readfortworth.org.