Trail Drive Management Corp. - Dickies Arena
FOOD AND BEVERAGE PURCHASING SUPERVISOR
Trail Drive Management Corp. – Dickies Arena of Fort Worth, TX
Trail Drive Management Corp. – Dickies Arena of Fort Worth, TX
Dickies Arena will be a 14,000 seat, spectacular multipurpose venue located adjacent to the Will Rogers Memorial Center campus in Fort Worth, Texas. The arena will be owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by the not-for-profit operating entity, Trail Drive Management Corp (TDMC). The state-of-the-art arena, scheduled to open in November 2019, will host concerts, sporting events and family entertainment, and will be the new home to Fort Worth Stock Show rodeo performances.
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
Job DescriptionThe Purchasing supervisor is responsible for executing, as well as, overseeing the execution by warehouse team members of a wide variety of activities including, but not limited to the receiving, storing, inventory management and distribution of paper goods, fresh and frozen foods, as well as, prepackaged and/or finished items. Purchasing supervisors are responsible for securing all food and beverage items within the warehouse footprint as well as in each of the locations they are assigned to deliver to throughout the arena. Purchasing supervisors have a critical impact on the safety and sanitation of our environment and must maintain their areas, as well as, bring attention and take corrective action regarding any issues observed throughout the venue. This position is also responsible for ensuring that exceptional hospitality is provided, and alcoholic beverages are served safely. This is a part-time, event-based position that reports to the Warehouse Manager and is located within the Food and Beverage Department. Hours for this position fluctuate depending upon arena event schedule.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Effectively supervise other team members to ensure that all Food and Beverage/ purchasing team standards are being followed and carried out
- Assist the Warehouse and Purchasing Manager with ensuring that all team members are trained, and tasks are being completed by warehouse team members in a timely and accurate manner
- Bring any performance related issues by warehouse team members to the attention of the Warehouse and Purchasing Manager
- Responsible for ensuring the proper receiving of inventory, in the appropriate quantity and quality from vendors and stocking of items in an orderly and accessible manner within the warehouse
- Oversees the pulling of product and distribution to various departments and areas in a timely manner
- Ensures all products are properly stored, rotated and dated in accordance with state and arena policies
- Helps maintain inventory for quality and accuracy
- Maintain quality service by following organization standards
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Practice proper and safe use of all warehouse equipment in and around the arena
- Deliver professional, courteous, and efficient service to internal and external guests
- Be comfortable and familiar with the arena and know how to navigate personally, as well as, assist guests
- Assist and support any other Food and Beverage departments as needed
- Follow and enforce policies associated with the safe service of all alcoholic beverages
- Work with counterparts of operation to ensure event standards of service are reached
- Other responsibilities and tasks as deemed appropriate by the Dickies Arena Leadership Team
1. Communication Proficiency.
2. Ethical Conduct.
4. Problem Solving/Analysis.
5. Strategic Thinking.
Supervisory ResponsibilityExercises general supervision over clerical, administrative and professional staff assigned to the department.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees during events. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, radio and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee will regularly spend most of their shift standing and walking, traversing stairs, with limited to no sitting. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. As business, maintenance, operations or emergency situations require, employee may sporadically assist in lifting/moving 100 lbs. or more. Employee must be comfortable with raised volume and/ or dark lighting in specific event settings.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- 2+ years of previous warehouse experience
- Ideal candidates will have worked in a warehouse environment previously, handled receiving and/or distribution along with inventory management.
- 1+ years of supervisory experience in a similar capacity preferred
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Previous experience in high volume, complex food service operations; sports and/ or entertainment venue preferred
- Ability to complete projects in a reliable, productive and expedient manner while adhering to strict deadlines
- Ability to operate motorized vehicles and warehouse equipment strongly preferred
- Ability to handle and delegate multiple tasks in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment while supervising others
- Able to communicate effectively with management team, guests and team members
- Superior internal and external customer service experience
- Flexible schedule – nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work in an environment with fluctuating temperatures
- English reading, writing, comprehension, and basic math skills required
- Must be able to reach, lift, stoop, bend and perform extensive standing and walking (including stairs) throughout shift
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to talk, hear and conduct phone and radio correspondence
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.